Welcome to our blog!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday - May 17

Kind of scarey to think that I have not updated for the last 7 days. Just to give you a reason why is because on of my destinations was Refro Valley KOA camp. Mt. Vernon, KY would be a better point which is in RockCastle county. My good friend Marty Brooker has until June 3 a KOA which he will be turning the keys over to the new owners. Good luck in your future endevors and hope the last 6 years will not be just a blink but holds great memories. Was hoping to spend more time but work was not available so I am on the road again. I left Sunday May 16th and traveled and stopped just outside of St. Louis, MO dry camping at Lebanon, MO. Very nice Historical town with very friendly people. Dry camping is something that RVing allows you to use your own resources that are stored on board, water, bathroom with shower and kitchen. Met some really nice people from Alaska traveling thru and spent over an hour talking with them and their travels. I will post more pictures as I have them ready. I was hoping to drive with small trips but it rained all day yesterday and into the early morning that it made more sense to keep driving. Today I am just out of Kansas City, MO at another KOA camp ground whick is saturated with mud and water all over. Not fun pulling in with a 40 ft. rig with a car attached and trying to keep from getting stuck. Plans for tomorrow is to go to Omaha, NE. this about a 3 hr ride and should be interesting. I have not been there in over 30 yrs so I my just have a steak tomorrow. Getting close to North Dakota and should be there by Friday.
Hope you have enjoyed and I will try to add photo's soon.

No comments: